Is there a limited number of teams in the tournament?! Why?
- The limit for team’s applications is 32 teams in each age category. If the maximum enrollment of teams is reached before the deadline for registrations, registrations will close before the scheduled date. The first teams that make the registration will have a greater probability to participate. Team`s participation only be assured after all payments confirmed. Note that in previous editions the tournament has not been able to accept all teams that wished to enter.
- The initial idea was to get the maximum number of hotels close to the soccer fields which would be a natural meeting place for the participants.
- However we have most of this hotels full booked before November but still we can accommodate around 6000 persons for our tournament but dont take to long to make your decision, accommodation options close early.
- To keep the standard of internationalization we need to make sure that no single country dominates.
When is the last date to make the registration and payment for the tournament?
- The last date to register is January 15th. Teams will be officially registered once they have realized the first payment. We recommend making this payment as soon as possible as it is the only way to certify you registration.
- The first teams that have registered and paid the first payment will be prioritized when reaching the maximum number of teams accepted in each category. Have in mind that most of the categories are fully booked long before the last day to register.
- After the first payment two more payments will be requested:
- 90 days before the tournament begins - 50% payment from team`s total price package, from all participant categories. Both leaders and players pay this fee.
- 45 days before the tournament begins - Final payment from team`s total price package, from all participant categories. Both leaders and players pay this fee.
- For teams that wish to book their flights with us the final payment is 45 days before departure day.
After making my registration on the website, do I have my participation in the tournament assured?
- All applications are subjected to an analysis by our organization. No team is excluded by this fact, and this analysis is only for a control verification. The team leader will initially make the registration in our website, and only after control parameters check by our organization, will validate or not this registration.
- The first teams that make the registration will have a greater probability to participate. Team`s participation only be assured after all payments are confirmed.
When do we receive a confirmation that we are official registered?
- We will send you a confirmation once that we have received your registration (this is not a confirmation that you will participate in the tournament).
- Once we have received your first payment, we will send you a confirmation and you are considered registered in the tournament.
- Your last payment for the accommodation and participant fee needs to be confirmed in the beginning of March.
- All the confirmations will be sent by e-mail if we have your e-mail address.
What type turf have the football fields?
All the playing fields are natural grass. Most or all games will take place at the Toyota Park in Lewisville.
In case of bad weather conditions matches may be decided by penalty kicks or drawing of lots.
Our Team will stay at a Hotel, can we have the lunch and dinner included?
- The hotel package made through IberCup have 3 meals per day included (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
- Participants or parents accommodated in Hotels in different locations can eat lunch and dinner at the hotel.
Please contact Nelson.Gonzalez@ibercup.com to book you meals in advance but not later them March 1, 2017.
How do we order extra Meal Cards and tickets for the opening ceremony for the parents and family?
- All participants, coaches, parents, supporters and family members have free access to the IberCup Opening Ceremony but availability for the opening ceremony can’t then be guaranteed (subject to availability).
- The entrance is free of charge.
Wich organization stands behind IberCup?
- Easy Choice Lda Sports Travel Agency, together with Dallas International Girls Cup, organizes The IberCup.
Do we have botle water for the matches?
- The IberCup staff on the fields may have some botle waters for the teams but its very important that the teams bring their own water for the matches.
- Tap water in USA fill the minimum stadards.
- You can always buy some bottle water on site.
Do we have changing rooms on site or we need to leave the accommodations already with our equipment dressed?
- Teams must leave the accommodation already equipped for the match. Some football facilities may have changing rooms but some are to small and due to the number of teams, your team may not get a place to change. This rule also applies to the local teams.
Can we take the shower after the matches in the football fields facilities?
- Teams must take their shower in their own accommodation after they return from the match.
If I cancel my participation, will i be refunded for any amount already paid?
- The first payment in order to book the team slot in IberCup will not be refunded.
- In case a participant cancellation before February 20th, the 100% of accommodation, transport or other services cost will be refunded.
- In case a participant cancellation from February 20th to March 5th, the 50% of accommodation, transport or other services cost will be charged.
- In case a participant cancellation from March 6th, the 100% of accommodation, transport or other services cost will be charged.
- In case a participant cancellation due to transport delaies, strikes or force majoure, IberCup will not refund the costs.
- In case a team does not appear to the match, IberCup is not responsable and it will not refund.
How many matches will we play?
- You will play 3 or 4 games in the first round, depending on if your group has 4 or 5 teams.
- From each group the 2 first placed teams advance to Playoff A and 3-5 placed teams advance to Playoff B.
- All playoff matches will be decided by the cup system, i.e. by direct elimination.
What is the balls size number for each age category?
- All matches of 11v11 are played using size 5. In 7v7 and 9v9 all games size 4 ball will be used. The organisation won't leave balls for trainings before the matches, so each team must bring their own balls.
When are the finals played?
- You find the final schedule under Matchs in the menu.
What kind of identification do you approve in IberCup?
- For the USA teams we will accept the player’s team card from their local football association or the passport.
- For the foreigner teams the organizations will only accept as player’s identification a valid identification card (legal card by a government institution and plastic-coated). This card must have the full name, photo, identification number and birthday. This document must always be used with the players passport. Players that come from places that don’t require a passport to enter into USA, will only need the identification card (legal card by a government institution and plastic-coated, with full name, photo, identification number, birthday).
What rules applies to foreign teams?
- Foreign teams have to follow the rules that apply for each country. Since most countries belong to FIFA, the rules are very alike around the world. The basic rule that applies everywhere is that each player has to be licensed to play with the team you play for in the IberCup.
- The club has to be a member of their FIFA affiliated national association.
- In countries where football is operated by the schools we also allow teams affiliated by their school football association to take part in our tournament but they need to send to us an authorization letter from the club.