1 - Rules
- 1.1 - IberCup will be played in accordance with applicable sections of the FIFA rules. In questions of interpretations of FIFA rules, the English text applies.
- 1.2 - The club has to be a member of their FIFA affiliated national association. In countries where soccer is operated by the schools we also allow teams affiliated by their school football association.
- 1.3 - The teams are divided into groups of four or five where all the teams will meet in a round robin series. The order among the teams will be decided according to points. Three points will be awarded for a win, one point for a draw and 0 points for a lost.
- 1.4 - If two or more teams have the same number of points, the order will be decided as follows:
1. Goal difference.
2. Highest number of goals scored.
3. Results of match(es) between teams with equal points (Head-to-head).
4. Penalty kick contest according to FIFA rules.
- 1.5 - The participation in the Playoff stage is determinate by the following rules (may change depending on the final number of teams participating in each age category);
- The top 2 teams (group winners and best 2nd place) will advance to the Playoff A. The 3rd and 4th team in each bracket will advance to playoff B.
- 1.5.2 – For the girls playoff format please click on the following link:https://www.dallasinternationalgirlscup.org/tournament-rules
- 1.6 - All Playoff matches will be decided by the cup system, i.e. by direct elimination.
- 1.7 - A draw in the playoff will be decided by penalty kicks according to FIFA rules.
2 - Age Classes
Boys - IberCup USA
- Cat A - Born in 2009 (7v7)
- Cat B - Born in 2008 (7v7)
- Cat C - Born in 2007 (9v9)
- Cat D - Born in 2006 (9v9)
- Cat E - Born in 2005 (11v11)
- Cat F - Born in 2004 (11v11)
Girls - Dallas International Girls Cup
- Cat O - Born in 2005 (9v9)
- Cat P - Born in 2004
- Cat Q - Born in 2003
- Cat R - Born in 2002
- Cat S - Born in 2001
- Cat T - Born in 2000
- Cat U - Born in 1999
3 - Players
- 3.1 - Boys Cat E and F. - The maximum number of players per team is 26 and the minimum is 16 players. Maximum 5 leaders, minimum 3 leaders per team.
- 3.2 - Boys Cat C and Cat D. - The maximum number of players per team is 16 and the minimum is 12 players. Maximum 5 leaders, minimum 3 leaders per team.
- 3.3 - Boys Cat A and Cat B - The maximum number of players per team is 14 and a minimum is 10 players. Maximum 5 leaders, minimum 3 leaders per team.
- 3.4 - All players must be able to show proof of age and identity.
- 3.5 - We recommend that all players use the same shirt number throughout the tournament.
- 3.6 - On 11-a-side competitions, no team may use more than 22 players in a match.
- 3.7 - On 9-a-side competitions, no team may use more than 16 players in a match.
- 3.8 - On 7-a-side competitions, no team may use more than 14 players in a match.
- 3.9 - For substitutions, players must follow the following rules:
- 3.9.1 - A substituted player may reenter in the match.
- 3.9.2 - Substitution can be made at any stoppage of play.
- 3.9.3 - The substitutions must be made within the technical area of the team, or, if there is not a defined area, on the center line of the field.
- 3.9.4 - The player can only enter the field when his team-mate is out of legal playing area and after the referee permission.
- 3.9.5 - Incorrect substitutions will be punished with yellow card.
- 3.9.6 - Notice that the game has to be stopped and the referee has to be informed by substitution of a goalkeeper.
- 3.10 - A player may represent the same club in various age groups, but the player may not represent different teams in the same age group.
- 3.10.1 - If a player represents a club in several age classes, the player must be included on the list of participants for all teams this player will be playing with.
4 - Playing Period
- 4.1 - Boys Cat E and F. Qualifying Rounds and Playoff B - 2 x 25 min - Playoff A - 2 x 30 min.
- 4.2 - Boys Cat C and Cat D. Qualifying Rounds, Playoff A and Playoff B - 2 x 25 min.
- 4.3 - Boys Cat A and B- Qualifying Rounds, Playoff A and Playoff B - 2 x 20 min.
- 4.4 - 2 min Half-Time - All the matches in all the age categories.
- 4. 5 - In case of draw in Playoffs A and B the game will be decided by penalties according to FIFA’s regulations.
5 - Match Details
- 5.1 - Team list:
- 5.1.1 - In all matches it’s mandatory to fill the team list for the game.
- 5.1.2 - The team list must have all chosen players for the specific match, with a maximum of 22 players in 11-a-side, 16 players in 9-a-side and 14 players in 7-a-side.
- 5.1.3 - The team list must be handed to the referee before every match.
- 5.1.4 - The team leaders MUST confirmed the players list numbers for the match on the mobile app in possession of the Field Marshall, before the match starts to avoid any mistakes on the match incidences.
- 5.1.5 - The number each player has on the team list must be the same as the number on the shirt.
- 5.1.6 - All players on the team list are considered as if they have participated in the match.
- 5.1.7 - Random controls of team lists and Participants lists will be carried out.
- 5.2 - Players uniforms:
- 5.2.1 - Numbers on jerseys is MANDATORY.
- 5.2.2 - The players numbers on the team list must be the same on the players jersey.
- 5.2.3 - All team jerseys must be numbered and the numbers must correspond to the numbers on the team list.
- 5.2.4 - Numbers must be on the backs of the shirts.
- 5.2.5 - Two players can´t use the same number in any given match.
- 5.2.6 - No player can change his or her number during the game.
- 220.127.116.11 - The fail to comply with this rule will penalize the player with a yellow card and he will have to exit the field to get proper equipment.
- 18.104.22.168 - The player can only re-enter the match when he or her is properly dressed and with the referees consent.
- 5.2.7 - If teams have the same equipment color, the team that appears first in the match program has to change jersey.
- 5.2.8 - The use of shinguard is mandatory in all games.
- 5.3 - Before and after the match:
- 5.3.1 - All teams should be ready at the field no later than 15 minutes before kick-off with valid documents for the age control.
- 5.3.2 - The team manager must make sure that his players are adequately insured.
- 5.3.3 - The teams are responsible for their supporters conduct.
- 22.214.171.124 - The teams can lose a match if the referee decides to end the match based on the violent and verbal conduct from their supporters towards the referee.
- 126.96.36.199 - The teams can be expelled from the tournament at the first incident based on the supporters conduct towards the referee or to the other team.
- 5.3.4 - Every responsible team officials (coach) must immediately after the match sign the match sheet. Failure to sign may result in a notification from the IberCup jury.
- 5.4 - Balls:
- 5.4.1 - All matches are played using balls of size 5, except for classes 7v7 and 9v9 who use size 4.
6 - Team List - Age Control
- 6.1 - Each team must submit a list of players to the IberCup administration before March 10. After this date we will charge extra 5$ per player.
- 6.1.1 - If a team has a rooming list to send, IberCup administration has to receive it before March 10. After this date we will charge extra 10$ per person.
- 6.2 - The players control will be made through the players list sent previously to our organization, through this following procedure:
- 6.3 - The team leader must bring all the documents for the accreditation (Valid passport or ID document from the players).
- 6.3.1 - For teams staying at Hotels, the accreditation will be at the tournament office in Wyndham Garden North Dallas Hotel, after they check-in at the accommodation option.
- 6.3.2 - For teams traveling by bus or car, the accreditation will be at the IberCup tournament office in Wyndham Garden North Dallas Hotel on the arrival, after they check-in at the accommodation option.
- 6.3.3 - For local teams without accommodation through the tournament, the team leader MUST go to the tournament office in Wyndham Garden North Dallas Hotel 2 days before the tournament starts to complete the accreditation process. We highly recommend to come 2 days before, as controls usually build very long queues on the day before the tournament.
- 6.3.4 - Only the team leader needs to be present on the accreditation to collect all the participant cards, bracelets and important informations.
- 6.3.5 - Players don´t need to be present for age control on this day.
- 6.3.6 - Team leaders must present at the tournament office and show proof of identity from the players registered on the team list on this day.
- 6.3.7 - If the team leaders don´t go to this first accreditation at the tournament office, their teams can`t participate in the first match.
- 6.4 - All the teams must bring the valid documents from the players for the matches.
- 6.4.1 - A random check for age control can be done at any time.
- 6.4.2 - Each player may be ready for an age control before the match or during the break-time.
- 6.4.3 - The age control will be through the players list sent previously to our organization together with a valid ID document.
- 6.4.4 - The team leaders MUST confirmed the players list numbers for the match on the mobile app in possession of the Field Marshall, before the match starts to avoid any mistakes on the match incidences.
- 6.5 - Valid documents are:
- 6.5.1 - For the USA teams we will accept the player’s team card from their local football association or the ID card.
- 6.5.2 - For the foreign teams the organization will only accept as player’s identification a valid identification card (legal card by a government institution and plastic-coated). This card must have the full name, photo, identification number and birthday. This document must always be used with the player´s passport. Players that come from countries that don’t require a passport to enter into USA, will only need the identification card (legal card by a government institution and plastic-coated, with full name, photo, identification number, birthday).
- 6.6 - All teams must be ready to play at least 30 minutes before the match. That period will be used to confirm the players list with the IberCup officials.
- 6.7 - Teams that don´t show the players list 15 minutes before the match can be ruled out as a no-show.
- 6.8 - Teams using non eligible players can be excluded from the tournament.
- 6.9 - If the same club competes with two teams in the same age category, players from those teams CAN`T switch teams.
- 6.10 - If any player plays for another team in other age group, from the same club in the tournament, the team where this player is not registered will be penalized with no-show and a defeat of 0-3.
7 - Dispensations
- 7.1 - Because of the different age category cut-off dates, dispensation will be given to players on teams from England who are born on/after August 1 of the previous year.
- 7.2 - Dispensations will automatically be given to two (2) players per squad who are maximum one (1) year over aged.
- 7.3 - Note that you cannot use more over aged players by switching them between matches.
- 7.4 - This dispensation only applies to 11v11 categories.
- 7.5 - For 7v7 or 9v9, no dispensation will automatically be accepted.
- 7.6 - Dispensations for 7v7 or 9v9 teams may be applied by contacting the IberCup office.
8 - 7-a-side and 9-a-side Rules
- 8.1 - Classes Boys Cat A and Cat B play 7v7 (one goalkeeper and 6 players).
- 8.2 - The offside rule is not applied on Cat A and Cat B.
- 8.3 - It isn´t allowed to pass the ball to the goalkeeper and he or she pick up the ball with the hands.
- 8.4 - The goal kick will be taken from the ground, the ball will be placed on any point of the line that delimit the goal area.
- 8.4.1 - Opponents remain outside the penalty area until the ball is in play - the ball has been kicked out of the penalty area.
- 8.4.2 - The ball is in play when it is kicked directly out of the penalty area.
- 8.4.3 - If the kicker fails to kick the ball out of the area, the kick is retaken.
- 8.4.4 - Team-mates may stand inside the area but cannot touch the ball until it has left the area.
- 8.5 - If a player gets a red card the team can replace this player for another.
- 8.6 - Classes Boys Cat C and Cat D.
- 8.7 - The offside rule is applied on all categories.
- 8.8 - It isn´t allowed to pass the ball to the goalkeeper and he or she pick up the ball with the hands.
- 8.9 - The goal kick will be taken from the ground, the ball will be placed on any point of the line that delimit the goal area.
- 8.9.1 - Opponents remain outside the penalty area until the ball is in play - the ball has been kicked out of the penalty area.
- 8.9.2 - The ball is in play when it is kicked directly out of the penalty area.
- 8.9.3 - If the kicker fails to kick the ball out of the area, the kick is retaken.
- 8.9.4 - Team-mates may stand inside the area but cannot touch the ball until it has left the area.
- 8.10 - If a player gets a red card the team can replace this player for another.
9 - Match Fields
- 9.1 - All the playing fields are grass or artificial grass fields.
- 9.2 - The fields have been divided into the following areas:
- 9.2.1 - Ross Stewart Soccer Complex (girls only).
- 9.2.2 - Dallas Texans Soccer Complex in Lewisville, TX.
- 9.3 - The fields have been divided into the following types:
- 9.3.1 - All fields are natural grass fields. Artificial grass fields may be used in case of inclement weather.
- 9.4 - In case of bad weather conditions matches may be decided by penalty kicks or drawing of lots.
10 - Match Program
- 10.1 - The organization committee has the right to change the groups, times and fields, until the 1st day of the competition.
- 10.2 - The organization committee also has the right to change matches, times and fields, during the competition.
- 10.3 - In case of any changes team leaders will be promptly informed.
- 11.1 - All referees are members from the Football Association in their countries.
- 11.2 - All matches in the 11v11 competitions have assistant referees.
- 11.3 - The coordinator for the referees during the tournament will be available at the IberCup office.
12 - Tournament Jury
- 12.1 - The jury of the tournament consists of representatives from the IberCup, Premier International Tours and the Dallas Texans Soccer Club.
- 12.2 - The jury handles protests, sanction matters, and unpredictable situations.
- 12.2.1 - All situations that occur will be analyzed always with “Fair-Play”.
- 12.3 - Tournament Jury decisions cannot be appealed.
- 12.4 - In case of any claim, a deposit of 100€ must be done. If the claim has no basis, the deposit will not be refunded.
13 - Protest and Sanctions
- 13.1 - All protests must be made in writing by the team manager and delivered to the Jury no later than 90 min after the match is finished.
- 13.2 - Protests must be delivered to the Tournament Office.
- 13.3 - A protest fee of 100€ will be paid at that time. This fee will be returned if the protest is approved.
- 13.4 - Protests that concern referees decisions will not be accepted.
- 13.5 - Cautions and Sending-Off Offences:
- 13.5.1 - Any player given a red card is automatically suspended from participation in the following match.
- 13.5.2 - The tournament jury can decide about suspension for further game(s) in case of a direct red card.
- 13.5.3 - Only if a player is suspended for more than one match, that information will be given in writing form.
- 13.5.4 - In 7v7 and 9v9 categories, yellow cards are not accumulated. In 11v11 categories, a player receiving two cautions during the preliminary round robin of the tournament is not allowed to play in the next match. A player receiving two cautions during the elimination stage of the competition is not allowed to play in the next match. In case of continued bad conduct of players, teams, officials, or supporters, the team may be withdrawn from the competition and reported to their association. Coaches are responsible for the conduct of their team and supporters.
- 13.5.5 - If a player that is suspended plays in a match, the team with the suspended player loses automatically the match with 0-3.
- 13.5.6 - Severe offences will be reported to the FA of the nation concerned.
14 - Walk Over
- 14.1 - If a team fails to appear to a match, without a valid reason, can be declared looser by 0-3, after a decision by the jury.
- 14.2 - If a team fails to appear on time due to transport reasons caused by traffic or other, the jury can decide to delay the match (maximum 45 minutes after the match schedule) until the teams arrive or reschedule the match for another time in the same day.
- 14.3 - If a team repeatedly fails to appear at the games, the team may be excluded from the tournament.
- 14.3.1 - In special cases, the tournament jury may decide to exclude a team at the first offence, if it finds deliberate to self-benefit or is unfair to another team in the group.
- 14.4 - If a match is interrupted for some reason and can’t be played to the end, the jury will decide over these 5 alternatives:
- 14.4.1 - If the match will be replayed from the begining.
- 14.4.2 - If the match restart from the minute when it was interrupted.
- 14.4.3 - If the result will be fixed as final result.
- 14.4.4 - If one of the teams won 3-0.
- 14.4.5 - If both teams lose 0-3.
- 14.5 - If a team fails to appear to the last group match, without a valid reason in their own benefit, can be excluded or relegated to Playoff B, after a decision by the jury.
15 - Standards of Conduct
- 15.1 - Team leaders as indicated on the Participants’ list, are responsible for the conduct from their players in case of damage caused in sport facilities, dressing rooms, hotels, transportation or other facilities.
- 15.2 - In case of damage the team leader should immediately contact the organization staff .
- 15.3 - In case of doubt in the interpretation of the regulations of the tournament, the team leader should contact directly the organization staff .
- 15.4 - Quiet time must be respected in the accommodations between 11:00pm and 8:00am.
- 15.5 - The meal timetables must be respected. Teams can miss a meal if they do not adhere to the meal timetables. In case of match delay or some transport delay, Team leader should inform the Organization of this situation.
- 15.6 - It is prohibited to travel in transportation without T-shirt.
- 15.7 - Failure to comply with these rules will be dealt with by the tournament organization and may result in exclusion from the tournament and accommodations.
16 - Insurance and Responsibility
- 16.1 - Each player must have a medical insurance.
- 16.2 - Make sure that all your players are insured both on and off the playing field.
- 16.3 - IberCup does not carry any group insurance protecting participants in case of injury, illness, theft or damage to property and does not accept responsibility in any way for accidents, injuries, or economic loss which may arise in the case of war, warlike events, civil war, revolution or civil disturbances or because of the actions of the authorities, strikes, lockouts, blockades or similar events.
- 16.4 - Participants from countries that have no medical insurance agreement with the USA must have personal medical insurance.
17 - Permissions to Participate in IberCup
- 17.1 - All foreign teams should request to their football federations to send an authorization letter to the IberCup USA so they can take part in the tournament. Or teams can get this letter from their football federation and send to the IberCup USA. In countries where football is operated by the schools we also allow teams affiliated by their school football association to take part in our tournament but they need to send to us an authorization letter from the club. IberCup Contact: email@example.com
18 - Water for the matches
- 18.1 - The IberCup staff on the fields may have some botled water for the teams or water by the team benches, but it is very important that the teams bring their own water for the matches.
- 18.2 - Tap water in USA and in Texas is safe to drink.
- 18.3 - The organisation recommends to buy the bottled water, especially for babies.
- 18.4 - You can always buy some bottle water on site or near the playinf fields.
19 - Changing rooms
- 19.1 - Teams must leave the accommodation already equipped for the match.
- 19.2 - The soccer facilities have changing rooms but due to the number of teams, your team may not get a place to change.
- 19.3 - This rule also applies to the local teams.
20 - Bath and Showers After the Matches
- 20.1 - Teams must take their shower in their own accommodation after they return from the match.
21 - Parents and Supporters Conduct
- 21.1 - The teams are responsible for their supporters conduct.
- 21.2 - The teams can lose a match if the referee decides to end the match based on the violent and verbal conduct from their supporters towards the referee.
- 21.3 - The teams can be expelled from the tournament at the first incident based on the supporters conduct towards the referee or to the other team.
22 - Soccer Balls
- 22.1 - All matches of 11v11 are played using size 5.
- 22.2 - In 7v7 and 9v9 all games size 4 ball will be used.
- 22.3 - The organization will provide official soccer balls for the matches but the teams must bring also their own soccer balls.
- 22.4 - IberCup won't provide balls for trainings before the matches.
23 - Loss or Theft
- 23.1 - The organization does not assume any responsibility in case of sport equipment theft or personal belongings of participants in the accommodation or in the sporting venues.
24 - Guest Players
- 24.1 - Each team will be allowed to have guest players, who are properly registered through their National and State Association, Federation or any other USSF affiliated organization.
- 24.2 - Crossover is allowed between USSF affiliates with the exception of FYSA which allows guest players from other US Youth Soccer affiliates.
- 24.3 - Players may NOT play for more than one team in the tournament.
- 24.4 - It is the responsibility of the individual athlete to join a club as a Guest Player.
- 24.5 - Teams in categories A, B, C and D are allowed to have up to (3) guest players.
- 24.6 - All other teams are allowed to have up to five (5) Guest Players.
- 24.7 - All Guest Players must meet the following criteria:
- 24.7.1 - Must be approved for participation by their respective governing body or by the provincial association of their national federation .
- 24.7.2 - Must be a registered player with the appropriate governing body or provincial association of their national federation .
- 24.7.3 - May not be selected from any other team that is participating in the tournament, nor from any team designated as an "alternate pool" team.
- 24.7.4 - If a Guest player is selected from any team which is subsequently invited to participate in the tournament, said player must return to her original team.
- 24.7.5 - If a Guest/Replacement player participates in a tournament match and the player's original team is subsequently invited to participate, said player must remain with the team for which she played the tournament match.
25 - Organizer
- 25.1 - Sports Travel Agency - Easy Choice Lda together with Premier International Tours and the Dallas International Girls Cup, organizes The IberCup USA.
26 - Prizes regulation
Option only available for USA teams.
- 26.1 - The IberCup prize will be awarded to the best ranked USA Teams (USA team that finishes the highest) in Boys Cat A, Cat B, Cat C and Cat D in IberCup USA.
- 26.2 - If two or more teams finish the play-off stage in the same round, the classification will be decided as follows:
- 26.2.1. - Goal differential in play-off.
- 26.2.2. - Greater number of goals scored in the play-off.
- 26.2.3. - Goal average obtained in the game between the teams in the group stage if they faced.
- 26.2.4. - Goal differential in the group stage.
- 26.2.5. - Greater number of goals scored in the group stage.
- 26.3 - If teams are still all above tie-breakers between the involved teams are determined then there will be a tournament of penalty kicks in accordance with FIFA rules .
- 26.4. - The prizes awarded will be:
- 26.4.1. - The winning team in Cat A will receive free accommodation for 10 players and a maximum of 2 leaders with accommodation in Bungalows and meals included for IberCup Brazil 2018 tournament. Flights not included.
- 26.4.2. - The winning team in Cat B will receive free accommodation for 10 players and a maximum of 2 leaders with accommodation in Bungalows and meals included for IberCup Scandinavia 2018 tournament. Flights not included.
- 26.4.3. - The winning team in Cat C will receive free accommodation for 12 players and a maximum of 2 leaders with accommodation in Hotel Group 2 and meals included for IberCup Brazil 2018 tournament.Flights not included.
- 26.4.4. - The winning team in Cat D will receive free accommodation for 12 players and a maximum of 2 leaders with accommodation in Hotel Group 2 and meals included for IberCup Brazil 2018 tournament.Flights not included.
Please notice that these prizes still need to be confirmed for 2018.
- 26.4.5 - All prizes include for free: transport for/to the fields (shuttle service), team fee and full board.
- 26.4.6 - Extras not included: flights, airport transfers and extra transfers (leisure).
- 26.4.7 - In case the team request for extra participants, the team is responsable for the cost over the conditions described above.
- 26.5.- Each participant must sign a agreement of image rights and the terms and conditions of IberCup tournaments.
- 26.6 - This prize is only available if there are more than 4 USA teams registered in each category.
- 26.7 - IberCup or Premier International Tours will contact the team until one (1) week after the tournament in order to inform the club about all travel details.
- 26.8 - The winning team MUST pay a deposit of 500$ within 7 days after IberCup USA tournament is complete..
- 26.8.1 - If the team does not pay the deposit (500$) or does not accept the prize, the second best ranked USA team will be contacted by IberCup or Premier International Tours in order claim the prize.
- 26.8.2 - If the second best ranked USA team also declines the award, the third best ranked USA team will be contacted.
- 26.8.3 - If the third best ranked USA team declines the award, the prize for that category will be cancelled.
- 26.8.4 - The deposit will be refunded via bank transfer (1 month) after IberCup recieve the travel flight information.
- 26.9 - The client can reserve the flights through Premier International Tours.