The IberCup is currently one of the most important International Youth Soccer Tournaments in the world. Every year, around 70 countries, more than 32.000 players, coaches and families participate in the various IberCup tournaments for a week of competition, fantastic experiences and extraordinary opportunities to compete with some of the TOP teams in the world. Participants have the possibility to visit the Dallas West End, John F. Kennedy Memorial and Sixth Floor Museum, South Fork Ranch, Six Flags Texas Amusement Park, NRH2O, Hawaiian Falls, AT&T Stadium (home of the NFL team the Dallas Cowboys), Fort Worth Wild West Stockyards, many museums, great shopping and restaurants. The city is also home to numerous parks, providing ample opportunity for outdoor activities such as cycling, swimming, tennis, and golf. The IberCup is much more than a soccer tournament... through soccer, the IberCup creates interaction between participants from all over the world, on and off the fields.
Every year, more than 1800 teams from 70 countries participate in the IberCup Tournaments. Famous teams like Liverpool FC, Manchester City, Ajax, Bayer Leverkusen, O. Lyon, Atletico Madrid, Inter Milan, Juventus, FC Porto, SL Benfica, Sporting Club de Portugal, FC Zenit, Valencia CF, Sevilla FC, Real Betis, Malaga CF, Espanyol Barcelona, Deportivo la Coruña, Chivas Guadalajara, Paris St Germain, CR Vasco da Gama and Olympique Marseille, already participated in previous editions. The participants are boys and girls between 9 and 18 years, divided in different age categories.
Tournament Host Club
Host club of this event is the Dallas Texans which is ranked one of the best clubs in the United States with 18,000 players and 700 teams. Some of the Dallas Texans successes include:
- More than 10 National Championships
- More than 30 National Finalists
- More than 30 Regional Championships
- More than 50 Regional Final Appearances
- More than 80 Regional Appearances
- More than 90 State Championship Titles
- First American team to win the Super Group
- U.S. Soccer National League Championships
- U.S. Club Soccer National Premier League Championships
- Champions of tournaments such as Manchester United Premier Cup, Dallas Cup, Cup No.1,WAGS, Surf Cup, N.C. Raleigh Shoot Out, Tampa Bay Sun Bowl, Plano Labor Day, Disney Soccer Showcase, Dallas International Girls Cup, Gothia Cup, Dana Cup and Tivoli Cup
- In 2011 the Dallas Texans' U19 Girls brought home a National Championship
IberCup will be played according FIFA’s football rules. The limit for team’s applications is 32 teams in each age category. If the maximum enrollment of teams is reached before the deadline for registrations, registrations will close before the scheduled date. The first teams which register will have a greater probability of being accepted to participate. Team`s participation only be assured after all payments are confirmed.
*Note that in previous editions the tournament has not been able to accept all teams that wanted to enter.
Who can participate:
All clubs, which are members of their FIFA affiliated national associations, are welcome to participate in the IberCup. In countries where soccer is operated by the schools we also allow teams affiliated by their school soccer association.
Number of Teams in the Tournament:
It is our goal that all teams that wish to participate in the IberCup USA should be able to do so. But please note that during the last couple of years the tournaments have not been able to accept all teams that wished to enter. There will be a maximum of 150 teams. The teams paying their entry fees first will be given priority. The team is officially registered only after their first entry payment. Additionally, book your hotel accommodation as soon as possible since most of the hotels will be filled up very fast.
The tournament starts with group play. The teams are divided into groups of four or five where all the teams will meet in a round robin series. Classiﬁcation/ standings will be determined according to points. Win 3 points; Draw 1 point; Defeat 0 points. The 1st and/or 2nd place teams in each group will advance to the knockout stages. Teams that don’t advance to the knockout stage will play in a Playoff "B" or consolation playoff. The playoff games are played by direct elimination and in case of draw will be decided by penalties according to FIFA’s regulations. All players must be insured, both for games and leisure time. Arrival for all teams is at least 1 day before the first game of the tournament.
Accommodation categories and how to book:
The IberCup USA offers two options in 2017:
With hotel Accommodation for teams living more than 50 miles from Dallas: Full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner). All meals will be served at the accommodation; the Wyndham Garden North Dallas Hotel. Day of arrival: dinner included. Day of departure: lunch included. It is mandatory that teams book this hotel package. Please e-mail carly@Ibercup.com for a detailed proposal.
Without hotel accommodation: Only for local teams which are located less than 50 miles from Dallas, TX. If local teams host international teams, the IberCup USA offers a lower team fee. Please e-mail carly@Ibercup.com for a detailed proposal.
- September 1: Online registration form for next year’s tournament opens. After receiving your deposit fee we confirm your spot in IberCup.
- February 10: Final date for registrations. If the maximum enrollment of teams is reached before that date, registrations will close before the scheduled date.
- March 1: Last date for the accommodation fee/participation fee for all participants with or without accommodation. Both leaders and players pay this fee. You can cancel players until March 5th, after that a doctors certificate is required.
- March 10: Final date to send the players list. After this date we will charge extra 5€ per player.
- March 10: Final date to send the rooming list. After this date we will charge extra 10€ per person.
- April 1: Match schedule will be posted.
- April 11: Arrival day.
- April 12: Start of the tournament. Evening: Opening Ceremony.
- April 15: Start of the Playoof games.
- April 16: Playoff A and B Finals all categories. Prize giving ceremony.
- In case of unforeseen circumstances, Ibercup Organization reserves the right to be able to change above mentioned dates.
IberCup USA Prizes
In 2017, the USA teams can win the next IberCup USA Prizes:
- The best USA team in Cat A gets a slot in IberCup ESTORIL 2017 (Portugal).
- The best USA team in Cat B gets a slot in IberCup SCANDINAVIA 2017 (Denmark).
- The best USA team in Cat C gets a slot in IberCup JAPAN 2017 (Japan).
- The best USA team in Cat D gets a slot in IberCup COSTA DEL SOL 2017 (Spain).
- The best USA team in Cat R gets an slot in IberCup JAPAN 2017 (Japan).
Go to our web page "Regulation" item 26 for more information.